Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weekend Slacker...

Monday was a lot more productive then the weekend was. For the whole weekend I only managed to do 40 pushups & 52 pullups. My sleep has been off the last few days because of my boot. It's really hard to get comfortable with it. It kept waking me up last night, which has given me a headache at the moment, hopefully it will pass soon. Also, my body won't let me get relaxed at night so I end up staying up too late, which then turns into sleeping later then I want to. It's all very annoying, but I'll get over it.

My eating habits haven't been the greatest either, one day I won't be very hungry and have to force myself to eat and others I eat way too much. I really need to sit down and make a quality grocery list along with planning out my meals for each day. I'm sure it will help keeping my weight from fluctuating and it will give some variety to my diet so I'm not eating the same bad thing day after day at Subway or Panera (both are healthy versions of fast foods, but still homemade is better). Doing all this will benefit my waistline as well as my bank account.

Monday was fairly productive compared to the last few days. I was able to do 20 push ups, 10 pull ups, 50 sit ups and I went to the pool with Vanessa. Being in the pool has helped me practice standing on my right foot in an environment with much less gravity. The best part of going to the pool, my smart brain realized that there was still a way for me to get my cardio work in. Swimming, I wish I would have thought of it earlier. the only thing was I don't think I was allowed to go into the pool, because my incision was too new. At least now I have a way to burn off some energy and get a good workout in. I just did laps around the pool for about 20-25 mins. It's not a big pool but that's okay, it still managed to get my heart pumping. Next time I need to remember to bring my watch and time how long I swim for and also to practice holding my breath underwater, I've heard that helps maximize your lung capacity. The only other thing I would need is a pair of goggles, the chlorine has always stung my eyes.

Today I need to try to bump my workout numbers up and go through all my workout stuff and see if there are any other activities I can do around the house that I can do on my own. Good luck to everyone on reaching for your goals. If you have any feedback, leave a comment or post on my Facebook wall here.

No comments:

Post a Comment