Sunday, August 14, 2011

Looking for a Race...

Well since I can't get out there and run on this beautiful August afternoon, I hope that some one you are out there enjoying the trails and sidewalks. It took me finally signing up for a race to realize that I needed that sense of competetion, that I have been missing since high school. I was able to surpress it for awhile when I was coaching but now I'm hungry to win my age group or even the race itself. Unluckily, my basketball accident has left me in a walking boot for the next couple months, but my excitment to get back out on the trails has only grown.

So, I thought that if I can't run any races, maybe some of you would, but just don't know where to look. I'll post up some of my favorite running sites. Some are race links that will help you find races, the others are just good sites for quality information. If you have any questions or if you know of any other great running websites or blogs, you can post them here on my facebook wall.

Need to find a race:
Athlinks.com
Chicago Area Runner's Association
Running in the USA
The Racer's Hub
MN's Raceberry Jam

Running sites:
Runner's World
Complete Running.com
Track your run at USATF Run Mapper

Running Gear:
Under Armour
Dick's Sporting Goods
Naperville Running Company

No comments:

Post a Comment