Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some new goals.

As I close in on four weeks post op, and my craving for going for a run is on high. My body keeps telling me that it needs to get some sort of workout in. I haven't really gained a lot of weight, from all the sitting around. The first couple weeks, I felt really lazy, but I guess I needed to be. Vanessa was having a really hard time dealing with her post-concussion sydrone, which has possibly been giving her some migraines, which all got worse when she drives. So, since I didn't want to make her drive to the grocery store, I conceded to delivery food for about a week and a half, until a friend took me to Target.



But over the last week I have been getting the itch to do something. Yesterday was my Day Zero, I forced myself to try to do something. I'm not going to try to keep track of every set, but I'm going to keep daily totals. I managed to knock out 40 pushups, 22 pullups, and 20 Curls. Each day, my number are going to go up. Hopefully, this is something I will push myself to do each day.

For those of you who are reading this, I'm glad you are. You may notice I'm not the top candiate to be an English teacher, which has always stopped me from writing in the past. This whole blog is a way for me to finally start putting into words what goes on in my head all day. Like many bloggers, I'm going to use my site as a daily journal on my rehab, recovery and all my future runs and endeavours. As you are reading this, know I'm basically writing to my future self to see if I'm staying within expectations of my goals.

As some of you may have seen on facebook, I was attempting to run for 365 miles this year. If I am able to begining running by Novemeber, I may still have a chance to reach it, but since my injury, I haven't really thought I would stay on track. Although, my mileage is at 280.8, which is only 85 miles away. So we will see how that goal ends up. I was just telling Vanessa how much I missed my trails as we drove past one of them on the way back from the grocery store.




Right now my sights are set on the 2012 New Years Day 5K. I hope to be back in the same shape I was in at the begining of this year. I ran a 21:37 in 2011 which will be my time to beat this year.

As for my long term goals:

2012-I would like to run the Chicago and the Twin Cities marathon and qualify for Boston, MS 150 and one triathalon.
2013-Boston, Chicago, Twin Cities and NYC marathons, Racine 70.3-qualify for Ironman
2014-5 marathons, 3 Triathlons, Ironman Quebec
2015-Finish the Ironman Hawaii

All before my 34th birthday. I think I can do it, I feel like I'm hitting my prime. I know what's expected of me when training. I can't focus just on running. Once I'm able, there's will be much more yoga, biking, rowing, lifting and even sprinting. I need to try to injury-proof my body as much as I can by being strong and flexible for all my joints and muscles. I know it's going to take a lot of work, but I can handle it.
Side note: I am still working on my injury video, I'll try to post that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment