Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seize the Day!!

Today I woke up with new motivation. I don't know where it came from. I guess this injury gave me new purpose to attack every day with conviction. It might have helped that I had an interview today with Massage Envy in Western Springs. It went really well, I feel confident with our back and forth, but I know not to count my chickens too soon. It will work out really well with my injury, because I'll be sitting for most of my shift. It going to take awhile before I can be fully functional for Eddie Bauer.

Well, I woke up and looked at my workout board and wanted to have weekly highs in each category today and then I went out and did it. I ended the day doing 125 Pushups, 40 Pullups, 85 Situps, 50 Curls, 30 Flys. I feel like I set the bar fairly high, for the upcoming days. I hope I put in the effort, because I know in the long run it going to all pay off. I can already see some changes in the mirror, for the better. I know my body will grow by doing the exercises that I always neglected. I just need to find a close gym for the free weights, once I'm healthy. The weight are the only thing I'm missing with my exercise room and all my stuff. I almost went for a swim as well today, but I knew that our pool isn't the warmest and a evening dip would be really cold.

The thing today that maybe the most exciting to me is that I finally decided to weigh myself. I hadn't done that since well before my accident. I weighed in at 169.5 lbs, which for me is pretty good. My weight before my injury was around 175. So, seeing the change in the mirror and on the scale, tells me I'm doing the right thing. I just need to maintain this discipline over the next few months while I begin to walk again, and also keep doing the neglected exercises once I'm back running the trails again.

No comments:

Post a Comment