Wednesday, August 3, 2011

On the Sidelines...




Well my running days have been put on hold for a little while. While playing 21 on the basketball court with my future brother-in-law, Bobby. We had just finished changing the brake pads and rotors on Vanessa's car, and we decided to go to the opening of the Nike Sports Park by our place. There were a bunch of tennis courts, volleyball courts, soccer & cricket fields.We had been playing very competeively for about 20 minutes. Then, Bobby got the ball leading 19-15, ready to finish me off and win the first of many battles we thought we would have. He pulled up just inside the 3 point line and shot. It clanked off, I jumped for the rebound and as I came down I felt my foot slip on the brand new court, I felt a pop and hit the ground.

I decided to go home and ice it and see if the pain would go away, like the million of rolled ankles I've had, but this was different, the pain didn't go away. When I woke up the pain was so intense, I just laid on the floor and tried to cried and I couldn't. I guess that's what it took to finally concede and go to the ER. They told me that it looked like a complete rupture of my achilles tendon.

Now, I have since had the surgery and I am in a soft cast, and will be at various anglesfor my foot over the next 5 weeks. I have intial appointment to see what it looks like 2 weeks after the surgery on Friday. I will report back more after the appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment