Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hawks Win 3rd Cup in 6 years!!

Well Game 6 had plenty of thunderous lightning outside in Chicago, but there weren't many bolts of Lightning inside the United Center on Monday night.

The heavy downpour cut off my ability to make it downtown, after driving thru 3-4 flooded streets that I probably shouldn't off. I have to say I'm fairly disappointed I wasn't able to make it down, but I was able to watch and cheer from my couch.

After a stirring national anthem, which gave me goosebumps through the TV, both teams seemed slightly nervous, but the speed of play still made the scoreless first period exciting. Corey Crawford looked great in net and the Chicago rush attack was working in waves.

Once 7 or so minutes pasted in the second period, everyone in the building could tell that something wonderful was about to happen. Eventually late in the period, Patrick Kane found Duncan Keith for an open shot which he took and deflected off of Tampa goalie Ben Bishop and landed right on Keith's stick after following his shot and put the puck in the back of the net. Needless to say the crowd went wild, as did I.

Heading into the 3rd period, everyone was on pins and needles, waiting to see what would happen. There was so much up and down the ice play, both teams were so skilled every rush was heart-stopping for Hawks fans. Finally Mr. Clutch, Patrick Kane, ended up with the puck on his stick after a great pass from Brad Richards, for the first two goal lead in the series and the eventual clincher. What a game! 
Obviously after winning 3 Stanley Cups in 6 years, the dynasty talk has started and probably won't stop for a while, rightfully so. What a team! Blackhawks are Champions!


Highlights of Game 6

No comments:

Post a Comment