Monday, November 14, 2011

Update!

Well I just got back from my surgeons office for a check up on my achilles and how its healing. Dr. Matlock said that it looks great and appears to be healing ahead of schedule. He's let me assume all duties at work and is giving me 2 more months until I can start doing high impact activities. I may still jump on the treadmill in a couple weeks to get back into it. I'm seriously considering not running the New Years Day 5K and just waiting until St. Patricks Day for my first real race.

I know getting back into my running shape is going to take some time and patience, which I hav plenty of both. I hear from a lot of people who are trying to get back in to sports after an injury end up injurying another part of their body because they haven't used all the muscles the way they should. I've heard lots of quad and hamstring injurys after an achilles tear, so I'm going to try to get myself into the exercise room at our apartment and actually used the machines and do quite a bit of strength training before I get back out onto the road.

The hard part is just getting up in the morning and making myself do something, I have a hard enough time making myself eat a meal in the morning but I know I'm going to need to if I really am going to take these dreams of running in an Ironman Tri seriously.

Well, it looks like I need to get something to eat and maybe put together a little workout before I start getting ready for work, and then tongiht I should try to think of exercise to do everytime to Vikings score or give up a Packer first down tonight. Go Vikings!

No comments:

Post a Comment