Thursday, November 17, 2011

Semi-productive!

Today managed to be productive, but that was only because Bobby made a surprise visit last night and convinced me to do a little workout. Everytime I'm in the exercise room, it feels like I should be there all the time. I don't know why its so hard to get myself to go on my own. I know that if I think I can do a marathon, much less the Ironman, I better get into the gym.

So anyway, today I ran on the treadmill for the first time. I didn't get the speed any higher then 5.0 (out of 10, I think.) My achilles and foot felt great, no pain at all. I'm slowly working my way up to probably trying to run a mile or 2 on the 22nd, which is next Tuesday. I still have about 80 miles to go to get my 365 for the year, which I think is possible running on the treadmill. I also did about 5 minutes of rowing and biking. It's nice getting a good sweat on.

I did manage to get a little weight lifting in. I did 4 sets of Seated Row, Leg Extensions, and Slanted Lat Pull Down. I just did them in a cycle in the order that I listed. I also added some calf streching, which felt good after the running on the treadmill.

After sitting in there I know I need to try a lot harder to get in there and help myself out, instead of sitting on the computer looking at nothing. I hope that anyone who reads this will, either give me their magic secret to motivating themself to get up and going eveyday, or else help someone else get out and do it for the first time. Happy Running Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment