Monday, November 28, 2011

Exercise with Bobby!

Today I snuck in a decent workout in today after a weird and frustrating day at work. I was locked out from work for the first 30 minutes, because my phone isn't working so I couldn't call the store to let me in. Then it was just a burden to try to remove all the previous days' sale signs, then putting up the new sales, not fun.

So when I came home, Bobby suggested getting a little workout out in, and I was sold immediately. It took me awhile to pry Vanessa and Bobby away from their artwork that they were working on when I got home. I did manage to get them both in there, and everybody did a little aerobic activity in.

I finally remembered to wear my heart rate strap, so I could make sure that I was keeping my heart rate above 140, which I was able to do. I started off on the treadmill and to my surprise was able to run a mile, but it was at a slow pace, 12:20 min/mile. I'm happy that I was able to do run with no pain. After I slowed down the pace (5.7/12.0) I moved the incline up and slow walked a quarter mile uphill at a 9.0 incline with a pace of 4.1. My achilles was only slighty sore after, I could tell my running stride is a long ways away from what it used to be. I can feel myself being a lot more cautious with landing on the right foot. It's going to take some time, but I really won't start the real running until the new year.

I also got in a couple minutes of rowing, 30 pushups, 1 min 15 sec plank, 3 sets of 15 leg extensions at #7, 4 sets of 15 seated press at #10, and 2 sets of 12 of pull down at #7.

I also did some streching with Vanessa on the bar for my hamstrings, and heel raises.

No comments:

Post a Comment