Sunday, September 1, 2013

Last Non-Football Sunday

So here I sit, looking for something to do. I'm sure some of you have been bombarded by my tweets and blog posts, because its finally the first time in weeks that I haven't been busy with something going on. After just watching Julie & Julia, I felt it was time to get to the business of writing.

After being stuffed with so many good college football games yesterday, here I sit wanting some NFL action but having to wait until Thursday for the Broncos/Ravens game.  This being the last Sunday without fantasy football for the next 17 weeks, makes me realize I have 2 FFL drafts this week.

Yesterday's NCAAF action shouldn't go without mention. Actually, I should start with the Gophers big win on Thursday over UNLV.  They dominated every phase of the game, which I'm sure all Minnesota fans hope continues through the year and B1G schedule.Phillip Nelson looked very mobile and the UofM's defense was very solid.

As for the rest of the football slate, there were big upsets by small schools, Johnny Football's return after autograph-gate, and classic endings.  I started with #1 Alabama victory over Virginia Tech who usually is the team that dominates on special teams, this time it was 'Bama. Christion Jones had a punt return, kick return & a receiving TDs, to lead the Tide.

Next up was my favorite game of the day between #8 Clemson vs. #5 Georgia.  The game started fast with both teams scoring quickly. Many Heisman candidates were on display; Tajh Boyd (CLEM QB) went 18/30 with 270 yards, 3TDs also ran for 2 TDs as well, Todd Gurley (GA RB) ran for 154 yards with 2 TDs.

 The final game of the day that I was able to get my eyes on was the match-up between #12 LSU vs. #20 TCU, and just like the Clem/GA game it started fast and didn't disappoint. With both teams with fast offenses, both teams through up a bunch of points. In the end LSU managed to pull away at the end.

Now we have to sit and wait until next Saturday when we get a full roster of College and NFL games, fantasy football geeks will be going nuts, like myself. I hope you all enjoy the upcoming football. Go Gophers & Vikings!!

Photos courtesy of ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment