Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Challenge Myself To....

I challenge myself to run the route I did today, tomorrow morning before work. If I get up at 10 am I'll have plenty of time to get to work at noon. I ran west on the prairie path, taking a shortcut through the neighboring parking lot of one of the apartment complexes on my street which is next to the path.

Down the path and crossing over Church St. and underneath the dense canopy of the forest trail, which made it feel much more humid then it actually was. Coming to a clearing of trees you get to feel the cool air for about 35 seconds before being engulfed by the tree cover. Sprinting all the way to the northern edge of the trail on Indian Trail Rd. Then turning around and picking up stride in hopes of cutting 2 minutes off my time on the way back.

Zooming down the trail with the dark night looming,  I was consistently checking my 6,  I was always making sure it was clear. It makes you go so much faster when you just pretend that someone is chasing you through the woods, as long as you keep your form. The way back was a LOT faster, and was under a beautiful sunset sky of pinks, purples, and blues. It felt good to go fast and to get a good sweat in, in such a short time. Well here are the numbers:

Distance - 2.5 miles
Time :19:08, 10:19-out 8:49-back
Pace - 7:39 per mile
Temp - 75*
Hum - 53%
Wgt - 172.5 #

No comments:

Post a Comment