Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pre-Race Warmup Run

So I decided that my last little warm up before the race on Saturday, was to do my old 5K route. After looking at my times of running the same course last time, I don't feel to good about my split times, but at least they are decent. This time around I didn't wear any headphones and had very little water. I remember telling myself to focus on keeping my form right, by swinging my arms and getting my knees up on every stride. I tend to slouch over when I get tired and thinking about it makes me stand up a little straighter and run a little smoother. I also tried force myself to take long deep breaths every few steps, it help fuel my legs and keep them fresh longer and my arms didn't feel so heavy while I'm swinging them.

Run Stats:
Date - 5/21
Distance - 3.2 miles
Time - 24:01
Pace - 7:31
M1 - 7:40
M2 - 7:36
M3 - 7:26
M.2 - 1:18

Overall not a bad run leading up to the Soldier Field 10 miler.

So I do have a worry, I feel like I'm missing something from my Race Day List! If you don't see anything that I should have with me please let me know. Here's my list so far:

Breakfast: Banana, toast/pb, juice & coffee
Watch
iPod & headphones
Towel
Water Gallon
Race Bib
Race Clothes
Water bottle
Foam Roller & The Stick

No comments:

Post a Comment