Saturday, April 21, 2012

Good Ol' 5K Run...

Today has been a great day off so far. I was able to sleep in on our new Sealy Euro Top Mattress and new pillow, which Vanessa has said has stopped my snoring, which sounds pretty good to me. So once I was up I grabbed a water bottle and a couple granola bars and checked up on Twitter and then got my alarm for the Barcelona/Real Madrid La Liga matchup at 1. The game was an unbelievable 2-1 victory for Real Madrid on a beautiful Ronaldo goal.


0Once the game was over I decided to get a run in. I did my usual 5k run that I've done so many times, except this time I was determined to push myself and have negitive splits for each mile, and I did. This was the first time I managed to get a sub 7 minute mile split in a non-race run this year, so I'm pretty excited about my recovery process. The cooler temps may have helped, the air had a bit of a chill in it. Temps  hovered around 52 degrees at 3:30pm. There were a few walkers out but only one other jogger.


Now I have to get ready to go see Snow Patrol at the Aragon Ballroom with Vanessa and my sister, Abi. Should be a fun night! 


And to whoever is reading my blog in Russia, Spasiba! Tell all your friends!!


Here are my stats:
Distance: 3.2 miles
Time: 23:12
Pace: 7:15
Avg HR-188
Peak HR-199
kCal-432
M1-7:41
M2-7:17
M3-6:57
M.2-1:15
#-173
Temp-52*, 8mph NNE, 43% Hum

No comments:

Post a Comment