Friday, April 27, 2012

Runs w/ Bobby

On Monday, Bobby and I did a crazy trail run through the woods of Hammel Forest Preserve. We did his high school cross country meet trail, which was an even 3 miles up and down some unforgiving hills. After finishing, I left him at the car and decided to do a couple hill repeats which kicked my butt. Overall, I ended up running about 4.3 miles and did it around 33 minutes with a couple breaks, one was to do some elevated pushups off the path.

Here is Tuesday Run with Bobby.He decided to write our run through my eyes. Enjoy!

-What was meant to be no more than a banal Tuesday evening augmented into a noteworthy run for Bobby and I on this cool, spring evening. Fighting gusts and dodging cars along dirt banked roads were humbling in my "Welcome to P-ville" run.

The first mile was a bit more kinetic than planned, and the downhill, southbound stretch of Ridge down not placate our steady pace. At roughly the 2.5 mile mark I noticed I was starting to create some distance, so I suggested heading back East early to Bobby. He looked tired and didn't take much convincing. Starting our watches simultaneaously we took off down perpendicular paths and Bobby shouted out "See if you can catch me!", a tough challenge to ignore, but it was too early in our run to demand speed.

As the Muse poured out of the ear buds, I was only starting to hit my stride when I was surprised to see Bobby not far behind (I later learned that he felt invigorated after our short pause and changed his mind about cutting the run short). He signaled for water while making our turn at Rt 52, and I placed it on the gravel path. Enervated, Bobby sprinted to return the half-empty Sam's Choice bottle, and slowly dropped behind.

My pace was still steady at the 5 mile marker, and I charged forward hoping to make a dent in the last 3.3. The latter stretch of the loop was hilly, but the elevated sections were sparse, which worked to my advantage, enabling me quicken my turnover at appropriate checkpoints.

I finished the 8.3 in 64 min, and had to wait no more than 2 min for Bobby to finish. His watch told him 65, but he admitted to stopping for a minute to get his legs under him for the last 3. Overall, a great run for my first 8-miler back. I think it's safe to say I'll be having a partner for some of my future long runs.

Distance: 8.3 miles
Time: 64:04
Pace:7:21

M1-8:20
M2-7:51
M3-7:57
M4-7:36
Part 5-9:47
P6-5:31
P7-7:35
P8-6:53
End-2:42

No comments:

Post a Comment