Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tuesday's Top 10... a day late

So I've thought long and hard today to figure out what my Top Ten Sports Rivalries would be. I always hear people talking about what the best matchups are, but never really saw a list. Even though I'm sure ESPN has done a list at some point, I just never saw it. I'm sure some of you may disagree, please do. I've consulted with others to help shape my list and have been advised to stay away from my own bias of rivalries, otherwise we would have Minnesota and Chicago teams littering the entire list.  So I hope you enjoy and debate.

TOP TEN SPORTS RIVALRIES

Honorable Mention: Any In-State Rivalry like Oregon v Oregon St., This list would have been much longer.

10. These are my favorite rivalries including my favorite teams:
  • Minnesota Vikings v. Green Bay Packers
  • Minnesota Twins v. Chicago White Sox
  • Chicago White Sox v. Chicago Cubs
  • Minnesota Wild v. Dallas Stars
  • Minnesota Gophers v. Wisconsin Badgers
  • Chicago Cubs v. St Louis Cardinals
9. Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. USC Trojans Football

8. Los Angles Dodgers v. San Francisco Giants Baseball

7. Celtic v. Rangers Football (Soccer)

6. Army v. Navy Football

5. Los Angles Lakers v. Boston Celtics

4. Tom Brady v. Peyton Manning

3. Michigan Wolverines v. Ohio State Buckeyes Football

2. Duke Blue Devils v. North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball

1. New York Yankees v. Boston Red Sox


*NOTE* - I did not watch every one of these, sorry if they aren't the best quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment