Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Night Run...

Last night I pushed myself and enjoyed a tough intervaled night run. With the tunes jamming on the iPod Shuffle, I was focused and was ready for this run all day.

I ran down Theodore Ave, past 59 to Bronk Rd and ran back. The back half of the run was so much faster then the first half. I'm itching to sign up for a 5/10K here real soon. I feel like its a much better distance to really gage my ability, after being disappointed about my Soldier Field time.

I made sure I sprinted in parts of the run. I focused on keeping my core tight, swinging my arms, lifting my knees and breathing. My right calf is a little stiff just above my new Achilles, I'll keep an eye on it and make sure to report how it feels in the morning.

After I was finished I knocked out 30 V-ups and 40 push ups, which I can add to the 35 I did on Monday as well and 10 pull ups. I feel that I really need to start adding in much more weight training, and stop falling back on running keeping me in shape. I know it will help me at work with lifting all those heavy tile boxes. Also as a side note for me, the whit UA Fitted Shirt felt amazing, and should be my new race shirt.

Here's my Stats:

Out: (M1) - 7:42, (M2) - 7:16, (M3) - 7:22, (M.4) - 3:20 = 25:40/7:32pc

Back:(M6) - 7:03, (M5) - 7:10, (M4) - 7:01, (M.4) - 3:11 = 24:25/7:10pc

Time - 50:09
Dist - 6.8 miles
Pace - 7:22
kCal - 849
Temp - 61*

Check out my Athlinks page

No comments:

Post a Comment