Saturday, June 9, 2012

Another Farm Run

After a busy day I thought I should hit the pavement on this balmy June Saturday evening. I was battling with the brake pads for a couple hours in the afternoon heat. I also managed to do an oil change and grab a few things from Menards for the garden.

My run route wasn't decided until I had to make a decision on whether to run east or west on Theodore. Of course I decided to head west. I knew most of the mile markers so I figured I'd push myself a little bit.

The first mile was slow an easy since it was so hot I didn't want to go crazy. After running down Theo, I took a left onto Ridge and pushed myself uphill for about a quarter mile stretch then it was a nice smooth half mile southerly length to Black Rd. which I finally head east.

The 3 mile marker is the start of the open field that I run through. It slows me down some, but I make sure I'm keeping my knees up and pushing it. The turn north onto County Line is mostly uphill. It's a nice way to finish a tough and hot run. My last mile was actually quite fast. Here are my stats:

Dist: 5.0 miles
Time: 37:57
Pace: 7:35
M1 - 8:03
M2 - 7:50
M3 - 7:15
M4 - 7:41
M5 - 7:06
Temp - 83*

No comments:

Post a Comment