Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tennis, please!

On Saturday I got to do something that I hadn't done in awhile. I was finally able to have some time and someone to play tennis with. My buddy, Jim, invited me up to the local high school courts by his place. 

Before I left, I had checked the radar and I could see that there was a storm coming, but it looked like we would still be able to get in some good swings. The drive out was uneventful and no rain. By the time we started walking out to the courts it was starting to sprinkling. 

We were able to warm up but as soon as we started into playing a set it started to rain a little harder. As we played the wind picked up and well as the humidity. Then all of a sudden, I felt a really cold breeze and the humidity dropped and the storm got angrier. The rain turned colder and harder, then into very small hail. The rain started coming don in sheets, but we continued to play. Having to account for 50mph gusts made the match interesting. We finally had to suspend play, because there was about a half inch of water on the court and on a soft serve or a ball with any kind of spin would just die in the water.

Today I'm watching a little Olympics, right now its the Men's Gold Medal Tennis match between Roger Federer and Andy Murray. I plan on doing my quick circuit routine of Pushups, Pullups, Planks, Flutter Kicks, Curls, Flys & Situps, before I go for a run. Not sure how far I will go or even where, but i need to go for one. Anyways, hopefully I'll be back on later tonight with my run info.

No comments:

Post a Comment