Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Longer Runs

Today I decided to push it a little longer again. I went on a nice 5 mile run on Thursday around the farms inPlainfield. It was a beautiful late afternoon run. I 'm pretty sure I timed it in around 39:50. So today I decided to run in Oakbrook during Vanessa's appointment with Debra.

I found a forest preserve with a long river trail, I started out at 4pm and headed towards the Double Tree Hotel, that was across the street, and found my path and tried to find my breathe. I had on 2 shirts which at first I thought would help me out with the high winds, but instead it heated me up real fast, I had to shed my underneath layer and leave on the bright yellow UA Charged Cotton Tee. I felt so much better and was able to get into a nice rhythm. There were lots of people along the trail. Businessmen walked and talked about economics, dog walkers said hello while their puppies smell the new grass. It warmed up considerably from the early chill that was in the air in the morning.

The run was hard, alot harder then any recenlty, which tells me I need to run more often. I finished in at 49:03 for 6.0 miles. Not bad for me but could be a lot better. I'm still planning out my next few days which will dictate when I get to run next.

I'm eyeballing the Rambling Run in Joliet in 3 weeks if I can't get registered for the Blackberry Run in Aurora on the 31st.

1 comment: